Fall is finally here. That’s right you can bust out your wooly sweater, drink copious amounts of hot cider and carve up every pumpkin in sight. September is amazing since it is filled with promise. Fresh notebooks, new fall looks and plenty of trends to try on for size.
Last week we talked about gadabout Ryann’s favorite fall look aka The Bold Red Lip (There is still time to enter the giveaway and win Mary Kay® NouriShine™ Plus Lip Gloss in Rock ‘n’ Red and a Mary Kay® Lash Love® Mascara in I ♥ black) and while that is one of my favorite looks, today we are going to take a look at the Fresh Face Basic Beauty. This is my go to look, because it so simple and goes from day to night without the blink of an eye. Perfect for those of you looking for something that can get you through your 9 to 5, but still work for drinks with the cutie two cubicles over. Below is a step by step guide on how to create this look.
Beautiful Basic Step By Step Guide
- Apply Golden Vanilla mineral eye color to brow bones. Sweep on Lavender Fog mineral eye color all over the eyelids. Add Truffle mineral eye color to the upper creases and outer eye areas.
- Line eyes with Black eyeliner, smudging top and bottom lash lines.
- Apply Mary Kay® Ultimate Mascara in Black to top and bottom lashes.
- Sweep Shy Blush mineral cheek color to contour beneath cheekbones and lightly on the apples of cheeks.
- Line lips with Neutral lip liner , then fill in entire lip area.
- Lightly apply Toffee creme lipstick to top and bottom lips. Add a dot of Café au Lait lip gloss to the center of the bottom lip and blend for a glamorous shimmer. For those of you looking for something a bit bolder try out Black Cherry or Merlot.
Hint for finding the right foundation
- Yellow-based foundations work well on almost everyone. Foundations with a little yellow will even out almost every complexion. Yellow minimizes red, which may be inherent in skin’s coloring as a result of tanning, aging or broken capillaries.
- Test a shade on your jawline or cheek. The correct shade should literally disappear into the skin and blend with the skin tone of the neck rather than the face.
- When trying a new shade, it's best to test in natural light. Also be sure to allow a few minutes for the foundation to adapt to your skin before making a decision on the color.
Mary Kay has 9 other ways for you to reinvent vintage Hollywood glamour. While the Fresh Face Basic Beauty is my personal favorite, I'm thinking I might have to give the Elegant Allure a try. What fall look are you leaning towards? For those of you looking for more amazing looks and the products show here check out Mary Kay Tips & Trends.